Further Assistance

Appointments and Representation

Beyond the legal advice provided through our Advice Line, ELC has limited capacity to assist or represent clients. If we can offer further assistance (such as a free appointment with a lawyer) we prioritise vulnerable clients with meritorious claims who would not otherwise be able to access legal representation.

Legal Research

With the support and assistance of our volunteers, we undertake substantial legal research on issues of employment law. Where appropriate, we may be able to share relevant research with individuals or community groups.

If you would like to know more about our legal research, please email us at: enquries@elcwa.org.au.

More Services

The Advice Line is the first and main point of contact if you are seeking legal advice from us about your employment. We aim to equip you with the knowledge and information you need to understand your legal options and to pursue legal claims to enforce your rights.

Click here to go to the Advice Line page

Our community legal education staff visit organisations to provide tailored presentations, information sessions and seminars on a broad range of topics. These include basic employee rights, an overview of employment law in Western Australia for non-lawyers and how employees can get the most out of ELC’s services. We aim to educate the WA community about workplace rights and to promote a better understanding of what can often be a complex area of the law.

Click here to go to the Community Legal Education page

ELC advocates on behalf of vulnerable employees and actively contributes to law reform in employment law and related areas such as anti-discrimination law, equal opportunity law, access to justice and human rights. We usually make written submissions. However our staff have also appeared and made oral submissions at Parliamentary inquiries.

Click here to go to the Law Reform page

Do you have a dispute with your employer? Have you considered mediation? If you have a dispute with your employer, but you don’t want to go to court, there are other options available to you.

Click here to go to the Mediation page